Vacancies available at NID Training below:
South African Sign Language (SASL) Interpreter
•Interpret information for hearing-impaired students in all educational environments.
• Make good use of technology to provide interpretation services remotely.
• Assess students’ language and SASL skills level to ensure proper communication techniques.
• Perform research to determine the new interpretation and sign language metrics.
• Staying abreast of new developments and techniques in the interpretation field.
• Model good interpretation practices.
• Providing support and assistance to colleagues.
• Prepare for interpreting: Prepare for daily lessons by checking all resources and materials, including - logistics, lighting, study of documents, acquaintance with terminology, and modes of communication.
• Assist the NIDT with various duties including filing, translating, administrative tasks, video recordings, SASL projects, administration of online SASL training, and SASL language assessment.
• At least two years SASL interpreting experience in a similar environment.
• Familiar with the role of the SASL Interpreter and the Interpreter’s Code of Ethics.
• Fluent in SASL and English.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Grade 12.
• Code 8 driver’s license.
• A qualification in SASL Interpreting will be highly recommended.
• Fluency in Afrikaans will be an advantage.
• Able to work with Microsoft Office.
• Conversational skills in other languages.
• Familiar with various SASL dialects.
Closing date: 9 January 2023
Date of commencement: 1 February 2023
Enquiries to Jannie Van Belkum
Tel.: 0876302438 or 0824242904
Send Application and CV to: